[IP] insurance

On Tue, 18 May 1999 18:44:09 -0700, Ruth Elowitz wrote:
>>Health insurance is a major issue so perhaps we all need to become more active advocates for universal (of whatever kind) health care or insurance.<<

Boy, I can't agree more. The company I work for switched insurance
plans; now I have to wait months for reimbursement on test strips. Is
someone saying, "We want you to be healthy, but not THAT healthy"?

I've been reading more about  the insurance industry--how it works, how
it began, etc., and the more I learn, the angrier I get. But it takes
boatloads of informed people to make a change, and I don't think we can
rely on politicians during election years to do it for us. It seems like
the only people who have the incentive are folks like us who have a
chronic disease. How do you give incentive for change to all of those
businesses/people who make money off of us and our employers under the
current insurance methods? What does ADA have to say about all of this?