Re: [IP] Convincing the endo!

In a message dated 5/18/99 11:52:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have an apt. with my endo on the 3rd of June.  I desperately
 want to get started on the pump!  Does anyone have any ideas on the best way
 to "present my case"?  He seems like he's kind of "on the fence" in regard
 pumping.  >>

I called Minimed & Diesetronic to get information on both pumps.  Minimed
sent me a folder for Diabetes Care Professionals.   Below, I have listed some
of the titles of pamphlets contained in this folder.

1)	Diabetes Study Proves Intensive Management Reduces Serious Long-Term
2)	Insulin Pump Case Studies.
3)	Reduction in Severe Hypoglycemia With Long-Term Continuous
Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Type 1 Diabetes.
4)	Insulin Pump Therapy: Acceptable alternative to injection therapy.

Maybe you can call Minimed and request that this folder be sent to your
MINIMED:  800-933-3322

- -Cindy