Re: [IP] trigger fingers?

In a message dated 5/18/99 5:55:31 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< It is apparently a situation where the tendons in one (or more) of your
 fingers become inflamed where it passes through a "sheath" in your hand.
 This can make it very painful as the enlarged and inflamed tendon tries to
 pass through the narrower sheath. >>

I just want to add to Sam's great explanation  that sometimes the tendon
won't slide in the sheath and you finger (or thumb) will lock in a certain
position.  If the finger can still move, it may eventually go in through the
sheath, creating a jerking type movement (hence the name).

Marilyn (I wish I didn't know this much about these things since my knowledge
is all first hand - or both handed - he he he)