Re: [IP] Insurance

In a message dated 5/18/99 5:44:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I was chatting with the father of a 13 yr old diabetic & the subject of
 insurance came up.  We'd both heard that our teenaged daughters will face an
 impossible task, trying to obtain life insurance when they're no longer
 "under our roof"; >>

What a coincidence!!  I had heard the same about Life Insurance, so I asked
our representative this same question just a few weeks ago.  My husband and I
have our life insurance through Prudential.  Their underwriters told our Rep.
that they will NOT insure any type 1 diabetic under the age of 19.  After
that they can get a policy, but they will get a "rating" meaning that their
premium will be higher.  I had figured it would be better now to look into it
for the boys so they didn't have trouble getting it later on and apparantly
getting it NOW is the problem, not later!  That seemed strange to me.  My own
policy has a rating, because of severe asthma, but my premium is not that
much higher than my hubbies so I'm hoping that would be a similar case for
the boys when they get older.

		The health insurance, I'm not really sure about, so I can't
offer any help there.
Good luck!