Re: [IP] trigger fingers?

 >What's a trigger finger????????

I don't know all the medical technicalities, so don't take this as gospel.
It is apparently a situation where the tendons in one (or more) of your
fingers become inflamed where it passes through a "sheath" in your hand.
This can make it very painful as the enlarged and inflamed tendon tries to
pass through the narrower sheath. I had it in a thumb (even though a thumb
is not a finger <g>). The initially tried immobilization for a few weeks.
When that didn't work, they gave me a cortisone shot in the base of the
thumb. That fixed it for me, but some people require surgery.

I was told that this condition was more prevalent in diabetics than in the
general population. (But, then virtually everything seems to be more
prevalent in diabetics... <vbg>).