[IP] Insurance

Group question:
    I was chatting with the father of a 13 yr old diabetic & the subject of
insurance came up.  We'd both heard that our teenaged daughters will face an
impossible task, trying to obtain life insurance when they're no longer
"under our roof"; but he also stated that when his daughter's no longer on
his health insurance policy, that she'll have a very difficult time getting
health insurance on her own from an employer.  When I told him that I didn't
think so because of all the adult pumpers I knew, some of whom had had
diabetes for decades ( hence it was definitely a pre-existing condition when
they were hired), he seemed surprised....
    So, class is now in session & I'm all ears.....Realistically, what can we
expect Melissa to face when it comes to obtaining both kinds of insurance?????

Regards, Renee