Re: [IP] Puzzled...need Help Please!

In a message dated 05/17/1999 5:47:54 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Sometimes the only explanation that eventually pans out for
 Melissa is that the insulin she bolused just went into some "black hole"
 somewhere. We joke that if all the insulin in that "black hole" ever does
 kick in some day, her bg should be oh about negative 300!!!....To repeat one
 of my favorite "pumpisms"- when it all works, it's fantastic...but when it
 doesn't work, it's as frustrating as it ever was on MDI.....BUT, the major
 difference we've found, is that Melissa's is so inured to checking much more
 often since her pump (3 yrs ago) that these aberrant, unexpected bgs. are
 "caught" far more frequently than they would have been on MDI, adn
 consequently are remedied far earlier.

Maybe this "black hole" is what has caused my middle to expand over the
years, it must be just stored up insulin. <giggle>

The point about checking (and reacting) more often to bgs is quite true for
many people.  I know of a couple folks on MDI that think nothing of taking
shots as frequently as we may bolus to keep bgs in tow and diet flexible.
The key is not the tool but rather the action taken.  Back to the old saying
"Whatever it takes".