No Subject

       Answer:

       Todd's paralysis refers to the transient paralysis of a part of the
body which can occur after a seizure. The seizure can
       be caused by low blood sugar, or can be caused by other problems such
as epilepsy or other chemical imbalances in
       the blood. The paralysis usually does not last more than 24 hours,
should completely resolve and is not usually
       indicative of any permanent brain damage.

       Transient paralysis can also be caused by low potassium levels in the
blood unrelated to blood sugar level. Although
       insulin and blood sugar can affect potassium levels in the blood, the
level of potassium in the blood is usually normal
       after a low blood sugar episode.

       I would suggest checking the potassium level in the blood when the
blood sugar is normal and your child is feeling
       fine. If it is low, I would consult with a pediatric endocrinologist
to look for other causes such as an overactive thyroid
       or excess amount of the hormone aldosterone, which can also be
associated with high blood pressure.

"Gee, no......G3!"

Netstreet Networks, L.L.C. - No Brakes HTML and Database.......
                 -  Very Y2K Compliant -
http://www.netstreet.net/
email:   email @ redacted
cell:    703-626-5532
PGP key available for encrypted transmissions