Re: [IP] Vanadyl Sulfate and Diabetes

In a message dated 5/13/99 12:47:25 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I wanted to ask if anyone has heard about vandyl
 sulfate, and have they tried it.   >>

About three years ago, I was talking to a researcher who was doing some work
with vanadium. It's been awhile, so I don't remember all the details, but I
do remember him saying that pregnant rats with DM either lost all their
babies or the babies died shortly after birth. I don't know if vanadyl
sulfate is a different substance or not, but I also remember him saying
something about it being available in health food stores and that Joslin was
doing some research with some form of vanadium (or vanadyl or something). The
bit about no viable offspring didn't make me want to try it, even though I
was, even then, past the point of wanting more children.