[IP] (no subject)

I new at it too. I bolused after doing the 2hr after dinner reading and was
reprimanded. Was told only to bolus at meal times. This might not help but
thought to share my experience.

I make corrections at the 2 hr post.  If I am going to eat 50 carbs and my
blood sugar is below 120 then I take 5.0 units.  If at 2 hr my blood sugar is
over 150 I correct one unit for every 40 over.  So if my blood sugar is 170,
I subtract 150 from 170 and divide that by 40 which gives me .5.   Before
meal I bolus for high sugars using the over 120 and for every 20.  The reason
for the difference is that the 150/40 takes into account their is still
insulin working from the premeal bolus.  I suppose their is other ways to do
it.  But this has really worked for me.

Kathleen
dx 1982 at 16

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #147