Re: [IP] Puzzled...need Help Please!

In a message dated 5/16/99 10:11:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Anyway with new butt site in, sugars came down real
 fast, stayed beautifully, then today after supper, one day after the
 site change,  her sugars shot up to 414. >>

I'm going to let the "bubble" experts handle the rest of this.  My "mission"
is to urge folks to use a syringe to administer insulin when sugars are this
high.  If the culprit is the infusion set, it won't do any good to take a
bolus.  And, while you wait to see if it did work, you are wasting time in
getting the bgs down.  Take a shot and closely monitor the bgs.  If they
start to climb (even a bit) after the shot has quit working, you know the set
is bad.  Then change it.

As an old-timer, I no longer worry about what went wrong with a site or a
set, I just change it when needed (which doesn't happen very often).