Re: [IP] Sites and Swimming.....do the two mix

In a message dated 5/15/99 5:23:23 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Brandon got out of the pool we had to change the site due to tape
 coming up. Is this normal and we are going to have to change his site
 everytime he swims or is there something that I can do so that we are
 changing sites every three days? >>

Which type of infusion set is he using? It is possible to change the tape on
a SofSet without having to change the whole set.  Just place your thumb on
the "button" and press in while you carefully remove the old tape.  A piece
of Tegaderm (or something similar) with a hole cut in the middle is a great

You may also want to look into a product that helps tape stick better.  Any
medical supply house will have several products.  Check out the colostomy