Re: [[IP] Pumps and MRIs]

email @ redacted wrote:
Hi all,

The good news is that the ultrasound of my Carotid arteries was negative,=
 =

good blood flow to my brain.  The bad news is that they still do not know=
 =

what caused me to have a temporary loss of half of my vision in one of my=
 =

eyes (last Sunday, the right half of my right eye was just gone, no visio=
n at =

all for a couple hours).  So, I have to have an MRI of the brain done.  =

We're supposed to leave the pump outside of the room, right?

Anyone had this happen to them?  =

Marilyn>>>>
            I had something similiar happen to me about 15 years ago.I wa=
pregnant with my youngest son at the time. I was just sitting there and a=
ll of
a sudden,I went totally blind, both eyes, in a few minutes my vision star=
ted
coming back in TUNNEL VISION, I just cried and asked my husband to take m=
home. I had a thorough, dilated eye exam the next day and they could not =
find
any explanation to what had caused it. They did see the beginning of
retinopathy then, but only mildly. Ten years later I was diagnosed with s=
evere
proliferative retinopathy and have since had 12 laser treatments. So if y=
ou
have not had a dilated eye exam, I would definetly suggest that. One othe=
thing I might mention is, my husband has glaucoma and when his pressure g=
ot
extremely high, he lost his vision also in part of one eye. These are 2
possibilities that come to mind,BUT hopefully neither applies to you. Goo=
luck and I hope everything is O.K.!
Denise
dxd 1971
pmpg 6/97   =