[IP] exercise

I have recently increased my mountain biking to a two hour work out. I have
tried a variety of approaches. The first month when I was biking for only an
hour I tried taking my pump off for the hour. This seems to work with less
enduring work out but I found every time I finished my ride my blood sugar
started at 140 and I finished in the high 300s. Last week I did an 18 mile
ride and decided to try cutting my basal rate to 50%...the same results
occurred.....very high blood sugars in an hour. I am guessing my blood sugar
is dropping and glycogen from my liver is kicking in. I plan to check my
blood sugar on my next ride every thirty minutes.

Any suggestions?????