Re: [IP] Pump traveling hints?

hey scott....
i just went on the pump yesterday and ran through all these questions with
my educator, and as a general rule she told me that if you are going out of
state you need twice as much as normal, and if you are going out of the
country you need three times as much supplies just to be safe! she also said
that some countries have different concentrations of insulin so be careful
about that! it could really mess with your basals if you change
concentration  and your bg's will be wacked out.  as for customs, that's a
good question....i'm not sure.  and that makes me think about metal
detectors....do pumps set them off?
hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............let me know if you find anything
tracey starkovich (email me at email @ redacted )