[IP] Vanadyl Sulfate and Diabetes

I wanted to ask if anyone has heard about vandyl
sulfate, and have they tried it.  My mother keeps
telling me I should give this a try, this might help
my insulin in-sensitivity.  I'm just concerned.  Here
are just a couple of web sites I found, but really
doesn't tell me much, If you have heard about this,
with usages and diabetes.  Please email me.

Christene Ullom
email @ redacted

Vanadyl Sulfate is a form of the trace mineral
vanadium. It's necessity in humans has not been
established yet, but it is believed to play a role in
helping blood sugar (glucose) to enter muscle cells
similar to the function that the hormone insulin
performs. But vanadyl sulfate is thought to increase
insulin sensitivity in only the muscle cells , not
adipocytes (fat cells), allowing greater glycogen
compensation, which may have the effect of
preferentially storing glucose in muscles leaving less
to be converted to triglycerides for fat storage. Many
bodybuilders experience a feeling of greater muscle
fullness ("pump") while taking vanadyl sulfate.
Vanadyl sulfate is thought to force more
carbohydrates, proteins, and amino acids into the
Studies have shown that the effects of vanadyl sulfate
supplementation last for weeks after discontinuation
of the product, so it is probably best to cycle
supplementation in a 3 weeks "on", followed by 3 weeks
"off" of the supplement.

The trace mineral vanadium in the form of Vanadyl
Sulfate by Prolab Nutrition has been shown to mimic
insulin, lower blood glucose, improve insulin
sensitivity all allow increased carbohydrate uptake
into the muscle cell. This increased carbohydrate
absorption due to Vanadyl Sulfate allows for an
enhanced muscle pump.

Carbohydrates store as glycogen in the muscle cell.
This extra glycogen allows for more water in the
muscle, creating a fuller looing muscle. Another
benefit of vanadyl sulfate by Prolab Nutrition is a
decrease in body fat due to a decrease in insulin.
Insulin is an anabolic hormone, which is responsible
for fat storage.

Each tablet contains 15mg of Vanadyl Sulfate.
Recommended use: take 2 to 3 tablets per day. One
tablet should be taken within one hour after a workout
with a protein/carbohydrate meal.

Do You Yahoo!?