[IP] Diabetic Humor...not for the Easily Grossed Out

- ------=_NextPart_000_00E4_01BE9D1F.DE3A9200

I had completely forgotten this story til my husband and I sat around =
and recalled the funnier side of life with diabetes this past weekend. =
There have been times of agony and despair, but this was one of those =
"just gotta laugh" things...

Stephanie was four when diagnosed and was taught the exchange diet from =
the very beginning. I thought things were going great and I was really =
getting the hang of how much of what to feed her and when. At her very =
first endo visit, 3 months after diagnosis, my sweet, innocent daughter =
looked the Dr. straight in the eye and asked if boogers should be =
counted as protein or starch! I thought I would die of embarrassment, =
but he calmly looked her in the eye and said they were freebies!

Betsy, mom of Steph (a 9 yo pumper who doesn't pick her nose any more, =
thankfully)

- ------=_NextPart_000_00E4_01BE9D1F.DE3A9200

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 =
Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I had completely forgotten this =
story til my=20
husband and I sat around and recalled the funnier side of life with =
diabetes=20
this past weekend. There have been times of agony and despair, but this =
was one=20
of those &quot;just gotta laugh&quot; things...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Stephanie was four when diagnosed =
and was taught=20
the exchange diet from the very beginning. I thought things were going =
great and=20
I was really getting the hang of how much of what to feed her and when. =
At her=20
very first endo visit, 3 months after diagnosis, my sweet, innocent =
daughter=20
looked the Dr. straight in the eye and asked if boogers should be =
counted as=20
protein or starch! I thought I would die of embarrassment, but he calmly =
looked=20
her in the eye and said they were freebies!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Betsy, mom of Steph (a 9 yo pumper =
who doesn't=20
pick her nose any more, thankfully)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00E4_01BE9D1F.DE3A9200--