Re: [IP] Re: overhaul Century with Diabetes 1

In a message dated 5/12/99 11:57:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 > > I am happy to announce that I have had DM1 for 50 years and no
 > > complications. >
 > Great!  You deserve a round of applause and cheers!
 Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back :-) (although you
 do deserve it). We've got a pumper on the list (see Over 24,900 club)
 who will be 70 in nothing flat - amazing perseverance! And.... there
 is another pumper who's been at the grind for over 60 years. Doubly
 amazing. You're in good company!!!
You guys do deserver a pat on the back.Let's not forget the 25% of diabetes
who do tight control and still get complation they deserver a CURE. If we all
devoted 1 hour a month to telling people how much this disease controls are
life and financial resources a thing a cure or at least an artificial
pancreas would be here. Could you imagine if they were this close to changing
the way AIDS pt lived that people would just sit patiently until the FDA got
good and ready to release an artificial T-Cell killer. I wonder what kind of
interference drug co. are causing because how will they recover the lost
money from those 1$-.50 a piece testing strips.