Re: [IP] comparing meters

In a message dated 5/12/99 8:11:06 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< All of the meter companies recommend this, and discourage side by
 side testing. >>

Since I wasn't around to read the previous discussions on meter comparisons,
I'll share my 2 cents worth...

Side by side testing helped me discover that one meter i was using (years
ago) was way off base.  It was reading 150 yet I was in the 300's.  If I
hadn't done side by side checking I wouldn't have known.

It also helped me determine the proper procedure and amount of blood to use
with my new DEX.  I can't tell what my bgs are and need a reading to help me
determine accuracy.

Of course I don't expect to get the same readings, within 15% is expected.  I
have had meters that constantly read high (so I knew to treat hypos at a
higher reading) and some that have read low.  I couldn't figure this out with
comparing only one test to lab results.