RE: [IP] Re: Fwd: No Subject - See Attachment - A mom's letter to a local

She certainly has a good case for a suit. But this is not unique. In 1993, I
was at summer camp with my Scout Troop (I'm the Scoutmaster), this was a
really hot summer, I was rapidly dehydrating, and food was in short supply
that year, as financial problems, cause us to be on a COD basis with our
providers, so in order to let the kids eat properly, I would skip meals, eat
junk, and generally just not be doing the right thing for myself. After a
week of this, on our last night of camp, I started developing the same
symptoms as the little girl (did not know what the symptoms of DKA were) and
was transported to a local hospital. The attending EWR doc did a basic exam,
I told him I am diabetic and did a finger stick, came out to 375. To make a
very long and lousy story short, he let me go after about 90 minutes with 2
Tylenol for my headache, and told me to see my own doctor on Monday (this
was 1:30AM on Sat.), needless to say, when I got home and saw my MD, I was
in the hospital for 6 days.
They tried to sue me for non payment of the $37 that my ins. wouldn't pay,
so I had my attorney send a letter certified by my doc, that threatened a
malpractice suit.

Thanks for listening to me vent,

Jim