Re: [IP] re:insurance problems and going it alone

> I would strongly urge you to check out the
> diabetes/endocrinology center at the nearest University hospital.

This is not universally true. We were going to the Standford Medical
Center and had to switch to a private endo. Standford new nothing
about pumps and was recommending a 2 shot a day regimen for Lily. To
there credit they have started a pump program (2 years later). There
were some posts last year about Joslin to the effect, that they would
absolutely not put kids on the pump. I think that is beginning to
relax somewhat since I know they've been beaten up about it by a
quite a few list members.

The point is, you must find a medical resource familiar with the pump
with whom you can get along and get the kind of treatment you want,
need, and deserve. There is not a one-size fits all solution,