Re: [IP] BG Meters

    My 16 yr old pumper daughter uses the Precision QID meter. The case folds
up very small & the strips are packaged in flat foil sections. Her CDE also
uses this meter (he's a pumper too) & it has the software available to
download the meter, get the previous 250 readings (approximately) & make all
kinds of graphic representations. The meter itself is very small ( about
twice the size of the FastTake), so Melissa has upon occasion even taken it
out of its case to fit it into a small purse. She too found the FastTake
unreliable, the One Touch too bulky, the Dex too unreliable & its carrying
case ridiculously oversized, the Accucheck Complete too bulky...hmmmm...any
meter manufacturers, if you're reading this, do we see a pattern here???
Melissa & I participated once in a market research panel about meters & the
group consensus was unanimous that consumers need a reliable, TINY, portable
system, with flat strips-
 especially for teens who aren't wearing a business suit with inner pockets
and/or carrying a briefcase.

Regards, Renee (pump-coach mom who "suggested" Melissa change her site last
night after running in the high 100s -low 200s all day & was told "I'll do it
in the morning"........which she did, when she awakened at
225...hmmmmm....maybe I should check my own bg from the blood dripping off my
tongue ..you know, from biting it!!! LOL)