Re: [IP] fake nails???

Doreen,

I am a professional Nail Technician.  I would assume from
the way you word your question and the price range, we are
talking about Acrylic Nail Extensions.

The answer to your question about Diabetes affecting your
nails is a resounding YES.  It can and does cause problems
with the nails.

My recommendation would be to let your Nail Tech know that
you are Diabetic.  Then, make sure that she prepares the
nail extra careful -- including a good buffing.  After that
she should prime the nail at least twice before applying
the extension. A good Nail Tech should stand behind her
work unless you are doing something to pull the nails off.
One hint ... think of your new nails as "jewels not tools."
 Also always use them as if they had wet nail polish on
them.  I am able to keep my Acrylic Nails on all the time
(except for minor repairs) in spite of my Diabetes.

If you will let me know where you live, I will see if I can
find a referral for you of a good Nail Tech in your area.

Good luck and congratulations on the wedding!

- --- email @ redacted wrote:
> Ok, All you women out there.Or any of you strange guys.
> Have any of you had a
> problem with the adhesive used for artificial nails? Does
> diabetes do
> something to your nails, too?
> My sister is getting married in August, Jessica is a
> bridesmaid.
>  My sister took Jessica out for her birthday and had
> nails applied to make
> sure she wouldn't have an allergic reaction to them in
> August. The nails
> started falling off in three days. At $40. for a set of
> nails ,they should
> last longer than that I hope!!!
>  --Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers ( always a tomboy,never wanted
> nails)

> for mail subscription assistance, contact:
> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

===
A GUARDIAN ANGEL JUST FOR YOU!

(^i^)