Re: [IP] meal times

> I definitely am not interested in skipping meals.  I am too hungry
> to do that!  I guess it makes sense to have my basals just right in
> order to eat late. I already know that each meal is has a little
> difference in insulin to carb ratio so I guess I'll have to adjust
> accordingly.

Your insulin carb ratio should remain relatively static. I know many
people adjust their ratio to compensate for other metabolic changes
associated with eating and time of day, but it is a 'mask' on the
underlying changes that occur. Moving a mealtime around or
skipping one all together should cause no more problem than the
differences encountered with the different things you eat every day.
Lots of folks see a surge of insulin requirement when they eat first
thing in the morning. It isn't the ratio changing, it is metabolic
gear shifting caused by waking up+ eating. Usually it's a fixed
requirement for a specific amount of insulin + meal bolus. This is
complicated to figure out and easier for most people to just change
the ratio. Once you have your fasting basal rates well established
(and periodically re-tested) you should be able to eat pretty much
when and what you want.