Re: [IP] Allergy?

Ginny Kloth wrote:

> Was he tested for phenol? Humulog has phenol in it and I am allergic to
> phenol.
> People can be allergic to insulin.
> Ask your doc to test for phenol just in case.
> was he tested for any food allergies?

It may also be possible that he's allergic to another agent in the insulin,
such as the
media used to make it (E. Coli bacteria from Lily vs yeast from Novo.) Of
course only
Lilly makes Humalog, s there aren't competing brands to Humalog, but if it is
decided to try
using R instead of Humalog and the problem persists he might also try
Velosulin, since the
basis for it's production is a bit different.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted