Re: [IP] Insurance Problems - why saline

In a message dated 5/11/99 2:13:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Kelly,
 I am just curious.  Was the pump already approved and
 in your hands when he went on saline.  What was the
 reasoning behind the saline trial?

		Yes the pump was ours when we did the saline.   The reason
our team does this is for kind of a "warm up" to starting insulin.  They feel
that if you have a full week on saline you have time to get used to the
different pump operations, site changes, etc. BEFORE you go on insulin.  Sort
of a learning week so that you are comfortable with operating the pump, etc.
I think this was very helpful for us to kind of work out the mistakes when we
had room for error.  Made us much more confident when we went live with