Re: [IP] Allergy?

Speaking of allergies.  I just want to put this question out there
to you experts.  Our son Justin has been pumping for 2.5 years.  At
that time he started Humulog and the Disetronic pump.  That was
November '96.  Prior to that he was on R and N for 8 years.

In May of '97 until the present he has had breakouts of hives from
time to time.  Both the dermatologist and allergist say that most of
the time the reason why is never found and they run their course,
sometimes taking 1.5 - 2 years to pass.  Well it's been 2 years and
it pretty miserable for him and we're tired of keeping him on the
medications for it.

Has anyone out there heard of this kind of allergic reaction related
at all to pumping or the Humulog?  I know this is a reach but I try
everything possible.  He's already had all kinds of food and environmental
testing.  He was also tested for latex allergies.

It was 6 months after starting the Humulog and pump before any sign
of the hives but we're looking for any possibilities.