Re: [IP] I love my Mom

>the differences in the late 90s from life in the 60s include the
>significantly higher percentages of working Moms AND the greater number of
>kids involved with sports ( as in "soccer moms"!!)...

But things haven't changed that much, at least not in the 80s.  I was
diagnosed in 1980 and was a tomboy to a capital T.  My mother on her days
off from being an RN spent her entire day racing after me.  I had 8am-9am
Gymnastics, 9:30am-11:30am Tennis, 12:00pm- 1:30pm Swim Team 2:00pm-4:00pm
Soccer and by the end of the summer I had 5:00-7:00pm Softball.  I changed
into tennis skirts in the car...sometimes keeping my leatard on for tennis,
and into swimsuits while eating food.  On the days she was working, my best
friends mother would drive me.  I guess that would make my mom a Nurse,
gymnastics, tennis, swim team, softball, and soccer mom. :-)

learned at an early age how to gulp down food and then do other things.
never understood why people needed to wait a while after eating before
swimming.  I often would be eating as I dived into the pool. :-).

- - Sherry