Re: [IP] low blood sugars

Melvin Abbott wrote:

> My bg will do good as long as I don't do any activities at all. I can
> walk across the yard and go low. If we lower the basel 1 tenth of a unit
> it runs to high when I am just sating on the couch. Any help on this
> would be appreciated.
>
> Tammy pumping since
>
> Jan.1999

If you know for sure that you will be doing some physical activity
(Mostly aerobic such as brisk walking or running) try to have some fast
acting carbohydrate before your activity.  This takes a lot of
experimentation and testing, but I think that the benefits of the
aerobic exersize are worth the effort.  I wish there was a "magic
formula" that I could give you, but it took (and continues to take) a
lot of work to get the right balance of fast acting carbs to tie in with
the balance of physical activity (I find that my blood sugar will drop
20 to 30 points for every mile of a 5 mile run done at approx a 7 to
7:30 pace)  Again, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!! but please do not give up!!
Best Wishes, from a runner