Re: [IP] Vibrating pump

Susan K wrote:

> Ellen,
>
> I have just began my homework to make a decision between
> the MiniMed and Disetronic pumps.  Some of the information
> I have come across indicates that MM is working on a Model
> 508 pump.  Perhaps that is the one you are thinking about.
>
> --- email @ redacted wrote:
> > There was a post here about a month ago concerning a
> > vibrating pump.  A
> > person in my pump group cannot hear his pump so we sent a
> > petition to Alfred
> > Mann, chairman of Minimed.  We requested a vibrating pump
> > for Joe.  We had
> > already heard that this idea was not economically
> > feasible(the pump would
> > have to be bigger).  We said such things as this
> > "vibrating" pump will
> > increase the high esteem that we already have for his
> > company and how we
> > appreciate his interest in advancing technology to help
> > people with diabetes
> > gain better control of their lives, etc, etc.  We also
> > added that Joe would
> > be willing to test a trial model for them.  I did get a
> > reply from Alfred
> > Mann.  This was in October, 1998.  He said that they were
> > working on a new
> > model pump that will have a vibrating alarm mode.  I
> > haven't heard anything
> > about this model since.  ellen

> > HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
> >

> ===
> A GUARDIAN ANGEL JUST FOR YOU!
>
> (^i^)
Ladies-
I have been a Disetronic pump user for almost two years (after 28 years
of shots).  The pump has been fantastic for my blood sugar control (My
HBA1C goes from 6.1 to 7.0) without the massive swings I had when I was
on  multiple shots, to say nothing of the convenience. In regards to the
MM "vibraing pump," I am also a VERY heavy sleeper, but the audible
alarm on the Disetronic has always woke me up. Whichever pump you
choose, I am sure it will work out better than the shots.  Best Wishes!!