[IP] Jim (NIDDM 7 yrs, IDDM 5 yrs) Another type Weird

Jim rote:

>  (NIDDM 7 yrs, IDDM 5 yrs) Another type Weird

Actually, this is an interesting question.

If you were NIDDM, or Type 2, to start with, you would not become
insulin-dependent, because the mechanism of Type 2 is different from
that of Type 1. You would remain a Type 2, even if you use insulin. One
term for that is insulin-requiring Type 2.

However, if you were ALWAYS Type 1, then you were initially misdiagnosed
as Type 2 -- even if you didn't need insulin to start with, because in
the very early stages of Type 1, you don't always need insulin,
especially if you develop it as an adult.

I need to warn you that Type Weird is my own creation -- not a technical
term at all, and if you go to a doc and tell him you're type weird,
he'll think you're crazy!

But I invented it because I'm a strange ducky who doesn't fit in the
pigeonholes, and I really don't seem to fit in either category -- Type 1
OR Type 2 -- all I know is that I do have diabetes, and that it's not
going away, and I better face it!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted