[IP] A1c's as relates to complications

I thought A1c's were the best predictor of complications because isn't it
the Glycosated Hemoglobin that causes the damage?  So if someone was
fortunate to have short-lived hemoglobin (but higher avg Bgs) wouldn't they
have less risk of complications than someone with a high A1c (and lower avg
Bgs) - with all other things being equal?  I know it is more complex than
that because genetic predisposition must be taken into account.

diane massey