Re: [IP] I love my Mom

    Your mom sounds wonderful & I love her attitude....BUT, I think part of
the differences in the late 90s from life in the 60s include the
significantly higher percentages of working Moms AND the greater number of
kids involved with sports ( as in "soccer moms"!!)...Those 2 socio-economic
changes alone account for a lot of the additional constraints that having
diabetes puts upon a family's limited time. When I was still teaching &
Melissa was on MDI, we'd race to her softball games at 6:00. She'd inject on
the way, try to gulp down her sandwich ( never finished) & then I'd spend the
1/2 hour practice time running out to her on the field ( to her eternal
embarrassment I assure you) to get her to eat the rest. NOT fun!!.......Were
she doing that today, with a pump, we'd simply wait until afterwards, like
all the toher kids did, to grab some pizza on the way home.....

Regards, Renee