Re: [IP] Target BG; was Re: Corrections

<< Also, I question setting your target to 160 mg/dl.
 This will result in somewhat higher blood glucose levels than I would like
 to see.  I believe at a minimum this will result in Hemoglobin a1C over 7%,
 or out of range considered good control.

I believe the original post referred to a child. We do not have the child's
age, but many MD's (and recomendations for targets) aim for a higher target
to avoid the problem of increased sensitivity and risk for hypoglycemia in
children. The target is where you aim to get the BG while also avoiding other
problems.  Targets are set higher for children, the elderly, and for
hypoglycemia unawareness. Targets can also be lowered once an individual
becomes stabilized with basals and boluses.
Barbara B.