Re: [IP] MM batteries

Batteries re-visited. Battery life of a week or two is probably do only
to defective or "over-age" batteries gotten from retail distribution.
Storage at elevated temperatures or in moist conditions 'ruins' the
batteries. I have seen this in the past and returned batteries to the
vendor (not the drug store, direct to eveready). I don't know if it is
unique to one vendor, but my bad experience has been limited to
energizers. I have always had good luck with retail purchase of duracell
over the counter and with purchase of eveready direct from MM. Bear in
mind that BOTH PUMPS use the same batteries. The ones from D are
repackaged in a proprietary container (see the FAQ's on how to open and
replace batteries). Your best bet is to buy the batteries from MM. and in
a pinch get them retail.

Michael