Re: [IP] emla cream

<<I'm curious as to why people need to use Emla cream or ice cubes or
Does inserting the Sils really hurt that much? Or is it more psychological? I
really don't feel it at all when I put one in, unless it's in a bad spot (and
I have very good sensation). So doesn't numbing the site mean you then can't
feel if it's a good spot or a bad spot?>>

 Diane, I can only speak for ourselves, but the few times we have used the
Sils for Amy, we have used ice cubes to numb the site. When her CDE did her
1st insertion, Amy didn't feel it, and that was w/o anything. Experience in
our case makes a big difference. :o)