[IP] Getting the word out about the pump

Hi All!

I am a Medical Assisting student as well as a pump user.  I've had the MM
507C for 10 weeks now and I LOVE it!

I had an experience that I'm sure other's have also had when I went for my
first Dr's appointment after getting my pump.  The Medical Assistant who came
in to take vital signs, note the chart as to why I was there, had NO
knowledge about the pump.  This is the same person who was going to be the
one to call in my prescription for the pump supplies and insulin.  I was only
their 3rd patient on the pump.

Next Wednesday, I have to give a presentation in one of my Clinical Assisting
classes.  The subject I've chosen to present is....SURPRISE....Pumping!!  In
talking with some of my classmates these last few weeks, I have discovered
several things.

1)   Most never knew such a thing existed.
2) 	A couple have had patients' ask them quesions about the pump and
since they
      had no knowledge of it, they couldn't answer the patients questions.
3) 	Some had seen a pumper "playing with their beeper-like thing" and
were curious
      about how it worked.

My question is this....

What is the one thing (or more) that you want Medical Assistants to know
about the pump?

Please E-mail me privately with your answers so that we don't over-load the

Thank you,
Cindy Bayne