Re: [IP] corrections

<< Should the correction be the same as the meal bolus? For example.  We left
 the hospital with a 15:1 carb ratio and a above 15 mg/dl correction (over
 160/under 80)  But now, we are down to 12:1, does that mean the correction
 should now be for every 12 mg/dl over 160?

No, that is not what it means. the high blood glucose correction is based on
the total daily dose divided into 1800 if on Humalog, or TDD divided into
1500, if on Velosulin. The result is how many mg/dl 1 unit of insulin will
drop the BG.i hope I have answered your question, but you don't seem to have
enough info here. It would be best to call the trainer to re-calculate and to
verify just how much the correction should be. Some people change their bolus
ratios and may not have to change their correction factors.
Barbara B.