Re: [IP] sites

In a message dated 5/7/99 6:34:13 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< His bgs have been a bit whacky today, but we have been trying unusual
 for him. He had burger king bacon egg and cheese biscuit and it shot him in
 the 300's. We have had some trouble bringing him back down. >>

If I am unsure if my bgs are high due to a bad site or if it was merely
underestimating a bolus, I will give myself a shot of H to cover the high.  I
thne closely monitor my bgs to see if they indeed stay down or start to rise
again.  If they start to rise at all I have proven that the site is bad.
This has saved me countless of unnecessary set changes.

I will also use a syringe to give me enough insulin to cover a high even if I
know that the infusion set is bed.  It is so much quicker than waiting for
the set change and I am guarenteed that the insulin will get in.