[IP] Improving seal on Sports Guard Case

On Fri, 7 May 1999 00:04:44 -0700 (PDT)
Susan K <email @ redacted> wrote

>If it is the MM Sports Guard case you are referring to, try
>putting "Vaseline" around the open edges before you close
>it up ... helps seal it better!

I am unfamiliar with the sports guard case, but I do have a pool filter cap
that includes a rubber "o" ring and Vaseline works to dissolve the rubber -
it stretches out and kills it - and I had to replace the ring and treat it
with the right stuff, a silicone based jelly called "Magic Lube
lubricant/sealant," from Aladdin Mfg.., Sarasota FL, also from a pool supply

For any would-be pumpers still comparing pumps for whom this feature is
important, thankfully the Disetronic is fully waterproof without requiring
add-on cases or chemical sealant.