[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] Problems with Humalog
- Subject: [IP] Problems with Humalog
- From: Obie and Natalie Oberriter <email @ redacted>
- Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 16:31:06 -0700
Re: Profile of John Oberriter, 4-23-99
Re: What are your problems with Humalog, ( Ted Quick 4-24-99 )
Since I submitted my profile on 4-23-99, my follow up has been very poor
due to travel and busy schedules. The following will very briefly
summarize my experiences with humalog:
* Started using full strengh humalog within 2 months of its
introduction. Trouble free for 13 months using my stomach area and
changing infusion points every 3 to 5 days. At that point bg went to
the 2,3 and 400 range. After 4 days of changing canulas, tubing,
batteries and even the pump (one site change was within 4 hours of the
previous change ) I returned to Velosulin with immediate impovement.
During these 4 days, injections using a pen/humalog in the leg worked
* After this I included infusion points legs, sides, backside and
* Did try 50/50 (humalog/velosulin) with very little avantage.
* November '98 went back to full strength humalog. After three months
of successful use, (changing sites every 2 to 3 days) again, started BG
2 to 300 range for no apparent reason. After 11/2 days switched back to
*Have other people experienced similar problems?
*Ted Quick mentioned on 4-24-99, that I may be experiencing an allergic
reaction. If this is my case, are there any suggestions of how to avoid
Any help would be very much appreciated since I prefer the humalog
timing and can't wait to return to it.
email @ redacted
Insulin Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/
for mail subscription assistance, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org