At 06:40 AM 5/7/1999  Maria Storm wrote:
 >How often do people really change sites?  I use the Silhoutte Infusion
 >sets and change them every five days with no negative impacts I'm yet
 >aware of.  What do all of you do?

I think this is a very individual situation and each person is different. I
was taught that when using Humalog, to change sites every 3 days and when
using Velosulin to change every 5 days. A few weeks ago I tried an
experiment and tried to see how long I could go using Humalog. After 4 days
my site was very red and sore. So, I'm back to the "every 3 days" routine.
However, other people have reported going for 5 days using Humalog without
a problem.

I think every 3 days for Humalog and 5 days for a Regular-type insulins is
probably safe for most people. Going any longer than that will be up to
what your body can tolerate. And, I have no idea if there are any long-term
implications to using your sites longer or not.