Re: [IP] Silhouettes/Lucinda

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BE9863.2DADC620

Brit is short wasted, a little shorty like her Mom I guess, no I think that
she will be taller.  But, anyway, when she doesn't put a piece of tape over
the entire salute site it just works it way out even a little and she
notices he sugars begin running high.  I think that maybe because there is
not a lot of room for her site, it usually ends up on, a little below, or a
little over her waist band area.  Of course when she sits or bends or
whatever the site is in contact with that denim waistband, so the tape
helps keep it all down firm.  I just thought that it would be great if the
sils had the same kind of disconnect as the soft set quick release.  It is
so much easier than having to disconnect from the site, for Brit.  But we
are mainly grateful that the sils are comfortable for her.  The soft sets
never were.  Of course being a parent who knows what all these kids go
through in there every day life with diabetes, we want what is easiest and
best for our kids.  We know that there is nothing easy about diabetes but
still we would like to make it a little more convenient huh?  Oh well,
maybe some day mini med will make a sil with disconnect a few inches from
the site! I would buy the first box for Brit!!! Then she could disconnect
for dance class and swimming with easy!! Run in connect in seconds dial a
little insulin disconnect and back to major activity!!!  God bless,  Tina

- ----------
> From: Duck And Barb <email @ redacted>
> To: Insulin pumpers digest <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Silhouettes/Lucinda
> Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:09 PM
>
> We put a piece of tegaderm over Erica's Silhouette if we know she is
> going to be SUPER active or swimming. (We used to do it with all her
> sites at first, but have found it is not necessary for her, even with
> her level of activity)   I cut a center hole in it, and place the piece
> of tegaderm over the Connecter site allowing the disconnect piece to
> poke thru the hole(prior to connecting the tubing :-).  it works great,
> she can still disconnect, and it  leaves a nice clean area as 'woolies'
> and the like don't cling to the edges of the tegaderm like they do to
> the edge of the Silhouette tape.  We love the Sils and disconnect for
> swimming, bathing, & showering.  Hope this helps.
> Barb...Erica's mom....still happily pumping  51 days 23 hrs and 49
> minutes!! but who is counting?

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BE9863.2DADC620

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Lucida Calligraphy"><b><i>Brit is short =
wasted, a little shorty like her Mom I guess, no I think that she will =
be taller. &nbsp;But, anyway, when she doesn't put a piece of tape over =
the entire salute site it just works it way out even a little and she =
notices he sugars begin running high. &nbsp;I think that maybe because =
there is not a lot of room for her site, it usually ends up on, a little =
below, or a little over her waist band area. &nbsp;Of course when she =
sits or bends or whatever the site is in contact with that denim =
waistband, so the tape helps keep it all down firm. &nbsp;I just thought =
that it would be great if the sils had the same kind of disconnect as =
the soft set quick release. &nbsp;It is so much easier than having to =
disconnect from the site, for Brit. &nbsp;But we are mainly grateful =
that the sils are comfortable for her. &nbsp;The soft sets never were. =
&nbsp;Of course being a parent who knows what all these kids go through =
in there every day life with diabetes, we want what is easiest and best =
for our kids. &nbsp;We know that there is nothing easy about diabetes =
but still we would like to make it a little more convenient huh? =
&nbsp;Oh well, maybe some day mini med will make a sil with disconnect a =
few inches from the site! I would buy the first box for Brit!!! Then she =
could disconnect for dance class and swimming with easy!! Run in connect =
in seconds dial a little insulin disconnect and back to major =
Duck And Barb &lt;<font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>email @ redacted</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">&gt;<br>&gt; To: Insulin pumpers digest &lt;<font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>email @ redacted</u><font =
color=3D"#000000">&gt;<br>&gt; Subject: [IP] Silhouettes/Lucinda<br>&gt; =
Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:09 PM<br>&gt; <br>&gt; We put a piece of =
tegaderm over Erica's Silhouette if we know she is<br>&gt; going to be =
SUPER active or swimming. (We used to do it with all her<br>&gt; sites =
at first, but have found it is not necessary for her, even with<br>&gt; =
her level of activity) &nbsp;&nbsp;I cut a center hole in it, and place =
the piece<br>&gt; of tegaderm over the Connecter site allowing the =
disconnect piece to<br>&gt; poke thru the hole(prior to connecting the =
tubing :-). &nbsp;it works great,<br>&gt; she can still disconnect, and =
it &nbsp;leaves a nice clean area as 'woolies'<br>&gt; and the like =
don't cling to the edges of the tegaderm like they do to<br>&gt; the =
edge of the Silhouette tape. &nbsp;We love the Sils and disconnect =
for<br>&gt; swimming, bathing, &amp; showering. &nbsp;Hope this =
helps.<br>&gt; Barb...Erica's mom....still happily pumping &nbsp;51 days =
Insulin Pumpers website <font =
color=3D"#0000FF"><u>http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/</u><font =
color=3D"#000000"><br>&gt; for mail subscription assistance, contact: =
color=3D"#000000"></p>
tml>
- ------=_NextPart_000_01BE9863.2DADC620--

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #125