Re: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"

Tina,

If it is the MM Sports Guard case you are referring to, try
putting "Vaseline" around the open edges before you close
it up ... helps seal it better!

Good luck.

8^)

- --- tina yancey <email @ redacted> wrote:
> [...]
> tape off makes
> the infusion mess up and so change out early time.  I
> know that I have gone
> on too much.  So sorry.  But it would help a lot of
> active kids if the
> silhouette had a quick release!!  Could we lobby mini
> med?  Oh, well,
> thanks for letting me rave on.  Tina  email @ redacted
>
> ----------
> > From: email @ redacted
> > To: email @ redacted
> > Subject: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"
> > Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:51 AM
> >
> > Hi folks.
> >   Today I received a call from Minimed, confirming my
> order I placed for
> > Amy's supplies. I asked for 3 boxes of Sof-Sets and 2
> Sils, as Amy will
> be
> > using the Sils more and more in the "swimwear" months.
> I was told I
> cannot
> > mix sets in an order! This is due to the fact that all
> sets have the same
>
> > insurance code, and if purchased in the same order,
> they cannot
> differentiate
> > the cost. I asked them if this was not something they
> thought about
> fixing.
> > The reply was "No.". So, if I want both types of sets,
> I have to wait 90
> days
> > (min. $ amt. they will ship) and again order. If I wait
> 90 days, summer
> will
> > almost be over! And I can't risk getting all Sils now,
> as we have only
> tried
> > them 2 times and I'm just not sure Amy is too keen on
> the idea!  Also, we
>
> > have NEVER had any problem getting supplies for Amy -
> they bill our
> insurance
> > and any remaining costs have been billed to us and
> promptly paid. Today
> I'm
> > told everyone must now pay up front what insurance will
> not cover before
> the
> > shipment is even sent. I think this stinks! Of course,
> she will make an
> > exception "this one time" since Amy's supplies should
> have been mailed
> out
> > last week and she's close to running out!
> >   I guess I would like to know from anyone out there -
> How is the mail
> supply
> > order businesses handling pumping supplies? Any
> hassles? We would only
> order
> > pump supplies, as her insulin is purchased where I
> work. What do you all
> > think?
> >
> > Sue

> > Insulin Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/
> > for mail subscription assistance, contact:
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
<HR>
[...]
color="#0000FF"><u>email @ redacted</u><font
color="#000000"><br>> To: <font
color="#0000FF"><u>email @ redacted</u><font
color="#000000"><br>> Subject: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed
supply "rules"<br>> Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 12:51
Minimed, confirming my order I placed for <br>> Amy's
supplies. I asked for 3 boxes of Sof-Sets and 2 Sils, as
Amy will be <br>> using the Sils more and more in the
"swimwear" months.  I was told I cannot <br>> mix sets in
an order! This is due to the fact that all sets have the
same <br>> insurance code, and if purchased in the same
order, they cannot differentiate <br>> the cost. I asked
them if this was not something they thought about fixing.
sets, I have to wait 90 days <br>> (min. $ amt. they will
ship) and again order. If I wait 90 days, summer will <br>>
almost be over! And I can't risk getting all Sils now, as
we have only tried <br>> them 2 times and I'm just not sure
Amy is too keen on the idea!  Also, we <br>> have NEVER had
any problem getting supplies for Amy - they bill our
insurance <br>> and any remaining costs have been billed to
us and promptly paid. Today I'm <br>> told everyone must
now pay up front what insurance will not cover before the
course, she will make an <br>> exception "this one time"
since Amy's supplies should have been mailed out <br>> last
week and she's close to running out!<br>>   I guess I would
like to know from anyone out there - How is the mail supply
hassles? We would only order <br>> pump supplies, as her
insulin is purchased where I work. What do you all <br>>
- ----------------------------------------------------------<br>>
Insulin Pumpers website <font
color="#0000FF"><u>http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/</u><font
color="#000000"><br>> for mail subscription assistance,
contact: <font
color="#0000FF"><u>HELP@insulin-pumpers.org</u><font
color="#000000"></p>

===
A GUARDIAN ANGEL JUST FOR YOU!

(^i^)

------------------------------

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #124
*************************************

insulin-pumpers-digest       Friday, May 7 1999       Volume 03 : Number 125

This issue of the digest contains:
Re: [[IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1]
Re: [[IP] Using COLD insulin is NOT a good idea....]
[IP] Silhouettes/Lucinda
[IP] insurance & payments
[IP] Emla Cream
Re: [IP] Re: Profile of Nancy Woodworth <email @ redacted>
Re: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"
Re: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"
Re:  [IP] Using COLD insulin is NOT a good idea....
Re: [IP] Silhouettes/Lucinda