Re: [[IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1]

I had an amniocentesis done because my AFP test came back whacked.  They told
me my son either had Cystic Fibrosis, Downs Syndrome, Spina Bifada, and that
his heart may have developed wrong.  The amnio proved all but the Cystic
Fibrosis to be wrong, and by both me and my husband having the blood test
done, that was then ruled out.  The only thing they were right about was that
he was a boy, which they amnio verified.  I had a sonogram every month, and
during the last 10 weeks I went in 2 times a week and had NST's done.  I
wasn't induced so to speak...  My DR stretched my cervix and within 48 hours
my contractions were steady and we were out the door.  They will not stretch
your cervix until you are somewhat dilated.  After that they hooked me up to
patossin, but I was in labor for 16 hours and they had to get the forceps and
pull him out, so that didn't really help.  My blood pressure started getting
high, and they gave me magnesium which made me a zombie, and lets see what
else...  The epidural stopped working, I could fell every contraction, and I
had no control of my legs what so ever.  My temperature got real high so they
thought I had an infection so they started antibiotics, and on top of that I
had an insulin drip, and glucose drip in case I went to low.  My husband
wonders why we even spent the money to go to Lamaze because everything we
learned there flew out the window as soon as I walked into the hospital.  My
pregnancy was hell, and my son is a pill :-)...  But when he laughs or smiles
at me, or I watch him sleeping so peacefully I am reminded at what an awesome
gift I was given, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!