De: denise poole <email @ redacted>
Para: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Fecha: Jueves, 06 de Mayo de 1999 10:36 p.m.
Asunto: Re: [[IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1]

"April M. Mar" <email @ redacted> wrote:
It sound like a lot of you out there have gotten pregnant and had
healthy babies with you yourself having Type 1.

  April, I have gone through 3 pregnancies, all without the pump. I have
always had a hard time controlling my DM. My first son was delivered by
C-sect
almost one month early because I developed Toxemia. He was a healthy 7lb
13oz
with no problems. My second came VERY soon after and I had quite a few
problems, placenta previa, migraines and a condition I cant remember the
name,
something to do with fluid retention in my abdomen. I was hospitalized at
the
beginning of my 8th month because my son was in severe stress. After a month
and too many amniocentesis he was delivered, also C-sect. He weighed 9lbs 1
1/2 ozs. He was in critical care for the first 3 days with extremely low BS.
He left on the 5th day fine. My next pregnancy ended up in miscarriage I
believe due to the fact that I had a severe kidney infection in the
beginning
of pregnancy and also I could not get a Dr to take me as a patient because I
was so high risk. My last pregnancy I took very seriously and got medical
attention immediately. I was admitted the day the test came back positive.
The
head of O.B. at the University Hospital in Cinti took me in a room and told
me
I was HIGH HIGH HIGH risk. I was monitored VERY closely throughout my
pregnancy and admitted 4 times to keep me under control. A little over 8
months my last son was delivered by C-cect and weighed 6lbs 11 1/2 oz.He was
healthy also. Yes I went through H**L having my children and a lot of people
thought I was crazy(including the Drs.)but being a Mom was the only thing I
ever wanted to be. I probably would have a lot more kids if I wasn't a
diabetic! My youngest son is 15 now and I know they have made a lot of
advances in care for pregnant Diabetics. And if you're on the pump, that
will
make all the difference in the world, I'm sure. So good luck and don't worry
too much.
Denise
Dxd 1971
pmpg "97