Re: [[IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1]

"April M. Mar" <email @ redacted> wrote:
It sound like a lot of you out there have gotten pregnant and had
healthy babies with you yourself having Type 1.
        =

  April, I have gone through 3 pregnancies, all without the pump. I have
always had a hard time controlling my DM. My first son was delivered by C=
- -sect
almost one month early because I developed Toxemia. He was a healthy 7lb =
13oz
with no problems. My second came VERY soon after and I had quite a few
problems, placenta previa, migraines and a condition I cant remember the =
name,
something to do with fluid retention in my abdomen. I was hospitalized at=
 the
beginning of my 8th month because my son was in severe stress. After a mo=
nth
and too many amniocentesis he was delivered, also C-sect. He weighed 9lbs=
 1
1/2 ozs. He was in critical care for the first 3 days with extremely low =
BS.
He left on the 5th day fine. My next pregnancy ended up in miscarriage I
believe due to the fact that I had a severe kidney infection in the begin=
ning
of pregnancy and also I could not get a Dr to take me as a patient becaus=
e I
was so high risk. My last pregnancy I took very seriously and got medical=

attention immediately. I was admitted the day the test came back positive=
=2E The
head of O.B. at the University Hospital in Cinti took me in a room and to=
ld me
I was HIGH HIGH HIGH risk. I was monitored VERY closely throughout my
pregnancy and admitted 4 times to keep me under control. A little over 8
months my last son was delivered by C-cect and weighed 6lbs 11 1/2 oz.He =
was
healthy also. Yes I went through H**L having my children and a lot of peo=
ple
thought I was crazy(including the Drs.)but being a Mom was the only thing=
ever wanted to be. I probably would have a lot more kids if I wasn't a
diabetic! My youngest son is 15 now and I know they have made a lot of
advances in care for pregnant Diabetics. And if you're on the pump, that =
will
make all the difference in the world, I'm sure. So good luck and don't wo=
rry
too much. =

Denise
Dxd 1971