[IP] Types -- NOTHING easy about either one!

Noemi Zapata wrote (in reference to Type 2):
> believe I would choose to take pills, exercise, and eat
> healthy anytime than have  to inject or live w/ a machine attached to me
> anytime.

I really wish it were that easy for Type 2's! The eat healthy part is
not as easy as it sounds -- it's also VERY eat limited, and many Type
2's are extremely hungry ALL the time when they keep to the diets that
dietitians prescribe to them. *I* don't want to live that way -- I tried
it, and cried myself to sleep at night with hunger -- on the nights I
could sleep at all. I lasted all of 7 days that way. Yeah, it kept my
BGs below 200 most of the time, but what kind of result is THAT for the
torture of constant, overwhelming hunger??

I think that's the overwhelming reason Type 2's often don't keep to
their meal plan, and are then seen as non-compliant.

Plus, because their insulin, although present, doesn't work very well,
they're always tired, and if you think heaving the old body up to
exercise when you're exhausted is easy, think again!

And if they're on pills, they HAVE to eat according to a schedule, and
be careful of exercise as well, because they can't fine-tune the amount
of insulin their pancreas is producing, and they can have hypos, too. In
fact with some of the sulfonylureas, a hypo can last for DAYS.
Even though Type 1 is much rarer, and much more dramatic, I don't think
either can be minimized -- the problems are not better or worse, just

Personally, having been all the way through diet and exercise (managed a
year on that) sulfonylureas (lasted 5 months on that) and insulin, I'd
take insulin ANY time -- every time I eat, and get satiated (which means
getting ENOUGH to eat!), and my BGs stay in reasonable ranges, I feel SO

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted