Re: [IP] Getting Pregnant and having a baby w/ Type 1

I have two children and have had diabetes for 20 years now. Both my
pregnancies were difficult-many lows and highs but I watched them carefully
and tried to keep levels at a 6.0. I had a diabetes educator nurse call me
daily and adjust my insulin levels-she really helped alot but was kind of a
drill sargent-sometimes I would dread her call. I was not on the pump either
so I had to do this all by injections. Both my girls were healthy and born at
38 weeks-I was induced to insure that the babies were not too large. I also
had to have an amniocentis done to see if the lungs were mature before they
induced. Lots of agony but so very worth it-I am so happy with my kids and am
considering trying for that third...
Good luck