Re: [IP] Disappointed in Minimed supply "rules"

 >Hi folks.
 >  Today I received a call from Minimed, confirming my order I placed for
 >Amy's supplies. I asked for 3 boxes of Sof-Sets and 2 Sils, as Amy will be
 >using the Sils more and more in the "swimwear" months.  I was told I cannot
 >mix sets in an order! This is due to the fact that all sets have the same
 >insurance code, and if purchased in the same order, they cannot
differentiate
 >the cost. I asked them if this was not something they thought about fixing.
 >The reply was "No.". So, if I want both types of sets, I have to wait 90
days
 >(min. $ amt. they will ship) and again order.

I wonder if this has more to do with insurance company rules, rather than
MiniMed rules. I know that with my insurance company, I cannot re-order
supplies until after 90 days. But, as long as the total number of "things"
do not exceed  your quarterly allowed amount, I don't know why anyone would
care. In my opinion (for what its worth), as long as you don't exceed the
maximum number of allowed total sets, it shouldn't make any difference.
But, you may also need to have the doctor re-write the prescription to be
more specific.

It may be worth a call to your insurance company to ask about this. (You
may also find out that after using the silhouettes for awhile that she may
not want to go back to the softsets).

Sam

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #123